The site comprised a protected Monastery, a four-storey residential block, and auxiliary buildings. Using a heritage approach, the project centred on the extensive refurbishment and restoration of the Monastery and adjoining building as well as the construction of a new extension.
- Roof repairs including the removal and replacement of the existing slate roofing and dormers, stonework repairs, replacement of chimney pots, timber treatment, new felt & laths, replacement of the leadwork, new roof lights, new slating, ridge and hip, replacement of guttering & down pipes and repair of the lightning conductors.
- Refurbishment of sliding sash windows.
- Facade retention.
- Fire protection throughout.
- Repairs/re-paving to front entrance steps.
- Lime plaster to external walls.
- Construction of new fire escape to the rear of the existing building.
- Complete refurbishment of the residential block including internal remodelling.
- Construction of a new-build single-storey extension for administration.
- Carpark works including a new wall, drainage, street lighting, earthworks, surfacing.
- The project was successfully handed over on time and within budget.
- The client praised the exceptional standard of quality throughout the finish.