The £2.5m+ project comprises refurbishment and alteration work to Block MF to accommodate the teaching requirements for the relocation of the School of Health Sciences undergraduate degree programme to Magee. The completed refurbishment will provide a mix of specialist teaching spaces, staff offices, meeting rooms and ancillary accommodation. The work includes:
- Internal alterations to walls and doorways.
- New floor, wall, and ceiling finishes throughout.
- Folding partitions.
- Modifications to entrances.
- Structural works to facilitate new layouts.
- Electrical services: removals, new LV power and outlets, new containment and distribution, new general and emergency lighting and controls, alterations to existing fire alarm system, access control.
- Mechanical services: removals, new ventilation, heating & cooling plant, building management system (BMS), and public health services.
- Installation of audio visual equipment.
The client’s key consultants involved in the project include:
Lead design consultant: McAdam Design Ltd
Architect & Principal Designer: McAdam Design Ltd
Mechanical & Electrical Engineer: Ove Arup & Partners Ltd
BREEAM Assessor: McAdam Design (via JCP Consulting Ltd)
Structural Engineer: Ove Arup & Partners Ltd
Quantity Surveyor: Skope Projects
Interior Design: Brill Design Ltd
Work commenced on site in late January and is scheduled to be complete by September.
Some supply chain opportunities are still available; all enquires are welcome.